Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 8 (Batch 1) Racking Day

I racked the first, smaller batch of cider today.

As such, this represents the first chance I had to really check things out -- and more importantly take a quick taste.

Even with only .75 pounds of sugar, I got the quick burning sensation of alcohol with my first swig. (Not 100% that is a good sign or not.).

Again, there was some rookie mistakes along the way.

First of all, I am struggling to keep everything sterile and clean. I am not rolling stuff around in the dirt or anything, but I am wondering if I am not taking enough precautions.

Second, I somehow screwed up the air-fermentation device (see picture from previous post). Some water leaked into the cider. It was clean water (I had just filled it), but it is annoys me.

No comments:

Post a Comment